Heart-Opening Yoga: Bring in the Light!
Patty Townsend, E-RYT 500, is a master yoga teacher, the director of Yoga Center Amherst, and the developer of the Embodyoga® In-Depth Study and teacher training programs. Her breath- and awareness-centered teaching is profoundly influenced…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
What does “opening the heart” really mean? In this workshop, you explore subtle-body movements that assist your heart in releasing stored patterns of tension and stress. Join Patty Townsend to discover inner techniques for opening your heart in gentle, moderate, and even vigorous yoga practice.
- Learn to allow your heart to rest in your yoga practice.
- Explore how to “allow”—rather than “do”—in backbends.
- Find the organic rotations of your heart and follow them in twisting postures.
- Feel the freedom that heart opening offers.
Open to the vastness of love inside you and learn to let it move naturally in your body and your life.
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $226 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $344 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More