Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Ball Immersion: Strategies for Self-Care
Jill Miller, E-RYT, has 25 years of corrective movement expertise that forges links between the worlds of yoga, massage, athletics, and pain management. Jill’s signature classes are taught at studios, clubs, and rehab clinics throughout…
Full Bio & Programs
Trina Altman, E-RYT 500, is an Integrated Yoga Tune Up® teacher trainer, STOTT PILATES® certified instructor, graduate of YOGAspirit Studio’s 500-hour yoga therapy program, and practitioner of Kripalu Yoga. She is a frequent presenter at…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Live better in your body, pain free. This workshop empowers you to adopt a simple, effective self-care regimen and put the power of self-massage into your own hands. Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls offer immediate relief and can be used as an adjunct to yoga, Pilates, athletics, injury prevention, recovery from injury, or day-to-day maintenance.
In this immersion, you learn
- Whole-body ball choreography, approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors to affect profound changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet
- How to become anatomically fluent with your own body, identifying bony landmarks, muscular attachments, fascia geography, and pain physiology
- Ways that movement educators and manual therapists can use YTU ball sequences to expand their teaching toolkits and introduce embodied anatomy concepts to students in a fun way.
Jill Miller invites practitioners of every level of fitness or ability, along with everyone who loves a great massage. No yoga or massage experience necessary.
Recommended viewing Jill Miller, Coregeous DVD (www.yogatuneup.com) and Yoga Link: Core Integration DVD (www.pranamaya.com). Recommended reading Michael Gershon, The Second Brain (Harper) and Andrew Biel, Trail Guide to the Body (Books of Discovery).
Note Tuition includes a Core Manual, Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls, and Coregeous® Ball.
- 8.3 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More