Creating Ease: Yoga and Physical Therapy for Back and Neck Pain
Vandita Kate Marchesiello, E-RYT 500, is a teacher and faculty member at Kripalu and the recording artist on the best-selling CDs Transform, Relax, and Rejuvenate; Yoga with Vandita; and Vandita Chants. Vandita has balanced family,…
Full Bio & Programs
Dominick Marchesiello, PT, DPT, is a clinical rehabilitation specialist, senior physical therapist, and clinic leader for Saratoga Hospital’s Regional Therapy Center in Saratoga Springs, New York. He also owns Advanced Foot Orthotics in Saratoga Springs.…
Full Bio & Programs
For people who are in pain, medical professionals who treat pain, and yoga teachers.
Experience the therapeutic benefits of physical therapy combined with stress-relieving yoga practices for spinal pain relief. Doctor of physical therapy Dominick Marchesiello and Vandita Kate Marchesiello, yoga educator, relaxation specialist, and featured artist on the best-selling relaxation CD Transform, Relax & Rejuvenate, join forces to teach you how to
- Diminish pain through the healing practices of yoga and physical therapy
- Understand basic elements of arthritis, degenerative and herniated disc disease, sciatica, stenosis, osteoporosis, and other ailments that may cause chronic back and neck pain
- Work with yoga poses, gentle stretching, and core-strengthening exercises specific to the spine
- Practice therapy techniques and experience treatments to ease pain such as electrical stimulation, traction, physioball exercise, manual stretching, mobilization techniques, and much more
- Incorporate breathing exercises, relaxation, and meditation techniques to cope with pain.
Come experience a holistic approach to creating ease in mind, body, and spirit.
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 8.3 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More