Kripalu School of Ayurveda
Foundations of Ayurveda
A great beginning for anyone interested in pursuing Ayurveda professionally or personally. Learn the core concepts of Ayurveda, including its philosophical approach and its practical applications. You’ll delve into study and practice as you discover the power of this ancient science to create health and well-being. You’ll participate in two 9-day modules, learning with leading teachers, practicing yoga, eating nourishing foods, and much more, all in the beautiful natural setting of western Massachusetts.This training is the foundation for the other Kripalu School of Ayurveda trainings and is a requisite part of each.
What will you learn?
Highlights of what you will study during this training include
- Ayurveda through the Three Stages of Kripalu Yoga—practice, experience, and intuitive wisdom
- The essential Ayurvedic maps—vayus, nadis, doshas, gunas, etc.
- Dinacharya—routines for health and well-being, such as self-massage and daily cleansing of the other senses
- The basics of an Ayurvedic approach to cooking, digestion, nutrition, and right eating
- Introductory Sanskrit
- Basics of reading your own pulse to manage your doshic imbalances
- Mantras for improving health and longevity
- How yoga practice complements and supports an Ayurvedic lifestyle
- Yogic psychology—the power of the mind in creating balance and health.