Kripalu School of Yoga
Yoga Teacher Training 200-Hour Certification
Off-Site Yoga Teacher Training: California
Monthlong Intensive from March 3–March 29, 2013
Head Trainer: Jovinna Chan
Faculty: Esalen Faculty
With more than 30 years of experience in training yoga teachers, Kripalu knows that the best way to learn how to teach yoga is to immerse yourself in a yogic lifestyle and practice so that your teaching comes from deep personal experience. Our new partnership with Esalen Institute in beautiful Big Sur, California, offers students a new residential program where they study in community with expert faculty and guest teachers, practice yoga every day, participate in posture clinics, delve into the ancient yogic texts, explore anatomy, develop teaching skills, and take advantage of Esalen's healing and enlivening atmosphere, which includes soothing hot springs and 120 breathtaking acres between the mountain and the sea.
Through our 200-hour Yoga Alliance-approved training, you learn
- The principles and practices of classic yoga asanas
- Introductory anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Approaches for assisting students
- How to attune to inner wisdom
- Ways to guide students in developing witness consciousness and self-compassion
- Skills for designing well-rounded classes, including pratapana (warm-ups), asana, pranayama, relaxation, and meditation techniques.