Yoga Adjustments: Guiding Practices for Each Unique Student
Mark Stephens, MA, E-RYT 500, has a deep passion for practicing and teaching yoga. After more than 22 years on the mat and 17 years of teaching, he writes books on the practice and how…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers and teacher trainees.
Skillful, sensitive, appropriate assists hold the potential to awaken your students to more awareness and self-refinement in their yoga practice. Yoga teacher and author Mark Stephens helps you take your hands-on skills to a deeper, more refined level by helping you see and respond to the unique qualities present in each student’s intentions, conditions, and needs.
In this workshop, you learn
- The philosophy and principles of hands-on assisting
- Physical stances and techniques informed by functional anatomy and biomechanics
- Postural observation skills
- Cues that address common misalignments and encourage inner guidance
- How to link clear verbal cues with tactile cues.
Through Mark’s insightful approach to teaching yoga, you learn how to help your students find greater steadiness, ease, and joy on the mat.
- 36 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 36 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More