Gently Free: A Spiritual Path Without Self-Blame or Guilt (Cancelled)
Adam Lobel is a senior teacher (acharya) in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition and a scholar of religion and philosophy. He brings a genuineness and direct experience to the spiritual path and everyday life. In addition…
Full Bio & Programs
Do you experience ongoing self-judgment and internal criticism? Do you beat yourself up in your effort to find peace? Is the way you practice out of sync with what you seek? You’re not alone. Contemporary society suffers from tremendous self-aggression. In this workshop, Adam Lobel explores how you can approach your spiritual path and everyday life with more gentleness, curiosity, and confidence?and less guilt and self-judgment. Experience how a gentle path of practice resonates with your nature.
This program offers
- An exploration of the human tendency to try attaining peace through self-aggression (“If I just beat myself up enough ”)
- Reflections on the historical background of our sense of guilt
- Techniques to rediscover the longing and confidence that lie beneath inner criticism
- Guided meditation instruction and practice.
Offering kindness toward your body, mind, and emotions can unlock your human potential and bring benefit to society and the planet.
Note Wear comfortable clothing.
- 8.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More