Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training
Kimberly Carson, MPH, E-RYT, is a yoga therapist at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, Oregon. She codirects Yoga of Awareness teacher trainings for chronic pain and cancer as well as Yoga for…
Full Bio & Programs
Carol Krucoff, E-RYT 500, is a yoga therapist at Duke Integrative Medicine in Durham, North Carolina, and codirector of Yoga for Seniors teacher training. A frequent contributor to Yoga Journal, Carol was founding editor of…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers who have completed a 200-hour teacher training.
Learn sound strategies for adapting yoga practice to older minds, bodies, and spirits in a training that combines the best contemporary, scientific knowledge about the physiology of aging with yoga’s traditional wisdom. Seniors represent the fastest-growing sector of the population, creating an increasing demand for well-trained yoga teachers.
Each day of this training involves
- A balance of lecture, movement, small-group work, practice-teaching sessions, and discussion
- Yoga sessions geared for senior bodies, including chair-based practices and appropriately modified postures for those able to get down and up from the floor
- Learning about common ailments affecting older adults and how to respond to students’ complex medical challenges
- Conceptual models for skillfully adapting postures and practices.
In a safe and effective teaching environment, students earn Yoga Alliance CEUs and have the opportunity to integrate with a larger community interested in what it means to age well.
Recommended reading and viewing T. K. V. Desikachar, The Heart of Yoga (Inner Traditions) and Kimberly Carson and Carol Krucoff, Relax into Yoga DVD.
Note Tuition includes a manual.
- 24 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 24 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More