Talk Your Way to Health and Happiness
Neha Sangwan, MD, holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical and biomedical engineering from Michigan State University and was a manufacturing engineer for Motorola. She attended medical school at SUNY Buffalo and completed her residency in…
Full Bio & Programs
Do you say yes when you really mean no? Do you avoid conflict at all costs? Are you waiting for someone in your life to change in order to get what you want? The good news is that it only takes one person to change the outcome of a conversation, and that person is you.
Join medical doctor Neha Sangwan for an interactive weekend of self-reflection and practical tools that can transform your ability to communicate with even the most challenging personalities. In addition to explaining the physiological connection between your ability to communicate, your stress level, and your health, this workshop teaches you how to
- Listen to your body and interpret its signals
- Make agreements that stick
- Talk to people instead of about them
- Give and receive feedback with ease
- Articulate your frustration and disappointment effectively
- Engage your right-brain creativity to expand your perspective
- Use guided imagery and breathing techniques to better manage stress.
Learn how to address your specific communication challenges in this practical, in-depth workshop.
Note Prior to the program, pay attention to the types of communication you find challenging and bring examples to the workshop.
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 8.1 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More