Teaching Chair Yoga®: The Sitting Mountain Series Teacher Training
Lakshmi Voelker, E-RYT 500, YA, IAYT, created Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga in 1982. Creator of the DVD Get Fit Where You Sit and the CD Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga, she has certified more than 1000…
Full Bio & Programs
Tracey Eccleston, E-RYT 500, E-LVCYT, is co-director of Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga and owner of Ageless Arts Yoga in Ontario, Canada. After completing her 200-hour yoga teacher training through Wilfrid Laurier University, Tracey became certified…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers, yoga teachers-to-be, yoga practitioners, and health-care professionals.
Do you have students, clients, or patients who can’t get down on the floor due to age, weight, disability, or inflexibility? Are you missing opportunities to teach at hospitals, senior centers, or nursing homes? Learn to bring the therapeutic benefits of yoga to those unable to take part in even a gentle yoga class.
Along with meditation and relaxation techniques and breathing, you discover ways to adapt traditional yoga poses to a chair. You learn to
- Teach a one-hour therapeutic chair yoga class
- Choose appropriate postures and breathing techniques according to individual needs
- Learn levels of flexibility and identify precautions and contraindications
- Learn weighted chair yoga (light weights to build bone and muscle mass)
- Understand anatomy and alignment for each chair asana
- Incorporate other Eastern modalities to improve health and well-being.
Upon completion, you earn a 25-hour certificate in Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga.
Note Tuition includes a manual and a DVD. Bring a pair of one- or two-pound dumbbells. After registering, please contact Bruce Binder at 760.774.1752 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address so that Lakshmi can contact you prior to the program. This training includes extended hours.
- 24.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 25 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $452 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $688 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More