Riding the Wheels of Life: The Art and Meditation of Cycling Yoga
Demetri Velisarius, BSW, RYT 200, is a Prana Flow and meditation teacher, social worker, sacred trainer, ex-boxer, and bicycle racer. He spent 10 years in the field of social work in the Boston area, and…
Full Bio & Programs
For beginning through advanced cyclists and yogis.
What is it about the power of cycling and yoga that transforms you instantly when you begin a ride or step onto your mat? Your senses are enlivened, your awareness clears, and your spirit soars. Both activities involve total focus and natural, fluid movements that require proper alignment, strength, cardiovascular conditioning, and energy management.
This workshop includes
- Beginner and intermediate rides through some of the most beautiful country roads in western Massachusetts
- Sacred training in overcoming fear and other road blocks
- A micro/macro training cycle flow for optimal cardiovascular and spiritual health
- How the cycle of seasons and your energetic body determines the nature of the ride
- Cycling as art, rebellion, contemplation, meditation, and empowerment
- A slow, silent, seated group meditation climb (with bells) and a bike rodeo.
Enjoy daily lessons, Prana Flow energetic vinyasa, and meditation practice before and after each ride. Return home rejuvenated, balanced, aligned, and relating to your bike as a mythic vehicle of liberation.
Note Bring rain gear, cycling shorts, gloves, and water bottle. Please inform Registration if you plan to bring your own bike. To rent a bike, call the Arcadian Shop at 413-637-3010.
- 23.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More