Spice It Up!: Creative Cooking with Herbs and Spices
Leslie Cerier, MA, known as “the organic gourmet,” teaches vegetarian cooking for health and vitality throughout the United States. She specializes in whole foods, gluten-free, local, seasonal, and organic cuisine. Leslie is the author of…
Full Bio & Programs
A pinch of this, a sprinkle of that-the right herbs and spices can enhance the flavor of any dish. In this fun and informative hands-on vegetarian cooking class, gourmet organic chef, teacher, and cookbook author Leslie Cerier shows you how to use herbs and spices to make delicious, globally-inspired dishes.
Come learn how to
- Stock a cornucopia of fresh and dried herbs and spices
- Create international dishes, exploring which herb and spice combinations make foods Indian, Mediterranean, French, African, Asian, or Mexican, and more
- Add spices and herbs to enhance the flavor of any dish
- Use herbs as garnishes
- Cook beans and grains from scratch with herbs and spices
- Correct dishes that are too spicy, sour, bitter, or bland
- Make your own herbal vinegars, flavored oils, and dressings with a palette of spices.
Both novice and seasoned cooks can discover how to prepare fabulous dishes from appetizers to desserts, bringing out the flavors of food (sweet and savory) using herbs and spices for health, vitality, and pleasure.
- 8.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More