Positional Therapy Level 1: An Experiential Approach to Strain-Counterstrain and Muscle Energy Technique
Lee Albert, NMT, is a national presenter and popular neuromuscular therapist and yoga instructor at Kripalu. Dedicated to helping people help themselves, Lee created, practices, and teaches Integrated Positional Therapy—protocols that reduce and often eliminate…
Full Bio & Programs
For bodyworkers, yoga teachers, nurses, chiropractors, and interested individuals.
This amazing therapy for recovery from chronic pain is gentle and easy to learn, and works when many other approaches fail. The results are immediate and often permanent, bringing effective relief to a wide variety of physical ailments caused by injury, stress, repetitive motion, postural distortion, and chronic neuromuscular conditions.
Lee Albert is a gifted therapist whose expertise and unique approach make this an engaging and enjoyable training. By listening, watching, and doing, you learn to
- Employ a combination of strain-counterstrain, muscle energy techniques, stretches, and home-care elements to eliminate the causes of most neuromuscular pain patterns
- Find and disable chronic pain mechanisms
- Search for and recognize trigger points
- Address specific conditions and injuries.
A wide range of people, from medical doctors and massage therapists to interested beginners, have benefited from this training. Expect to be surprised, have fun, and bring home an invaluable new toolbox for pain relief.
Note Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Tuition includes a training manual. This program includes one evening session and is not appropriate for those in acute pain.
- 19 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 20 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- 19 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 19 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 68:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $369 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $564 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More