The Art of Physical Adjustments: Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
Alanna Kaivalya, E-RYT 500, is founder of the Kaivalya Yoga method and author of The Art of Adjustments; Myths of the Asanas; and Sacred Sound. She was named in Yoga Journal’s “21 under 40” list…
Full Bio & Programs
For certified yoga teachers.
Yoga practitioners derive tremendous benefit from effective adjustments. Hands-on assists enrich and evolve the sacred student-teacher relationship while giving students the opportunity to develop their practice beyond what they thought possible.
In this training, you learn
- The principles behind safe and effective hands-on assists, giving you the skills to adjust any pose
- To better serve your students by making a personal connection through skillful and confident adjusting
- Adjustments for a wide variety of asanas, including Sun Salutations, standing poses, backbends, forward bends, and inversions
- How to “see” different bodies and work with injuries and limitations
- Ways of optimizing each student’s experience.
Alanna Kaivalya, known for her deep and precise adjustments and her ability to translate the ancient practice of yoga into a contemporary context, invites you to this dynamic, practical training. Come prepared to learn technique, subtlety, and mastery as you develop your adjustment skills.
- 22 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 22 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866.200.5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $452 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $688 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More