Tending the Heart Fire: Practices for Living Love
Shiva Rea, MA, is a yogini fire keeper, sacred activist, global adventurer, and innovator in the evolution of vinyasa flow yoga. During her 20 years of teaching, she has integrated the tantric bhakti roots of…
Full Bio & Programs
with special guest C.C. White
show presenter details hide presenter details
For all levels.
Set your heart on fire and seek those who fan your flames.—Rumi
The heart fire is a vision recognized by all of the world’s spiritual traditions as well as Western science, yet there are cultural blocks to integrating this powerful heart-knowing into daily life.
Shiva Rea’s second annual heart fire retreat seeks to provide tools for cultivating the energetic heart through practices that include
- A universal fire ceremony, or homa, for tending your heart’s fire
- Two Prana Flow heart sequences that focus on heart rhythm and the electromagnetic field of the heart
- Five essential heart fire practices for individuals, couples, and groups
- The rhythms of love, a power-point education
- Mudra, mantra, and kirtan with C.C. White
- Ayurvedic practices for home use to balance an excessive, dim, or wavering heart fire.
Open to newcomers as well as last year’s participants, this weekend offers depth, renewal, and cultivation of inner passion, inspiration, and the capacity for living love.
- 9.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 9.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 75:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More