Making Vinyasa Yoga Safe and Therapeutic
J. Brown is a yoga teacher, writer, and founder of Abhyasa Yoga Center in Brooklyn, New York. A teacher for 15 years, he is known for his pragmatic approach to teaching personal, breath-centered, therapeutic yoga…
Full Bio & Programs
For teachers and interested students at all levels.
Learn how to apply the core principles of therapeutic yoga to a conventional vinyasa class. By establishing basic safety protocols, you can prevent injuries and get the maximum benefit from your yoga practice.
In this workshop, you explore
- Methods for safely incorporating therapeutic yoga into group classes
- The role that breath plays in supporting the body
- The effects of different sequencing and pacing in group flow classes
- Techniques for teaching diverse populations and multilevel students
- The teacher/student relationship.
Whether you’re a beginner interested in starting a safe yoga practice, a more experienced practitioner with injuries, or a teacher wanting to ensure safe and favorable outcomes for your students, you can do away with unintended consequences and nurture your practice as a form of preventive care.
J. Brown has designed a workshop that is responsive to your needs and provides each participant with an individual assessment.
- 18.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 18.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $452 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $688 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More