Getting Unstuck: Moving Beyond Depression, Anxiety, and Chronic Illness
James S. Gordon, MD, founder and director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM), former chair of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and author of Unstuck: Your Seven-Stage Guide to the…
Full Bio & Programs
Most of us hope for change or seek therapy when we feel stuck, at times when we find ourselves repeating the same self-defeating stories to ourselves and engaging in the same repetitive, unhelpful behaviors. There are, however, many things we can do to get unstuck and heal ourselves—emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
In this workshop, we
- Learn and practice a range of mind-body techniques designed to wake us up to our problem-perpetuating patterns and move us forward in our lives
- Explore self-care techniques such as meditation, guided imagery, movement, dance, nutrition, drawing, and dialogue
- Use these techniques to deal with confusion, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as chronic medical conditions such as pain, hypertension, and diabetes.
This approach can increase our sense of control and overall health and wholeness, solve problems we have struggled with, and mobilize our capacity for self-healing. Practicing these evidence-based techniques is also a crucial step in introducing them to friends, family, clients, and patients.
Recommended reading James S. Gordon, Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression (Penguin).
- 10.25 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More