Mindfulness A–Z: Liberating Regret, Stuckness, and Perfectionism
Arnie Kozak, PhD, is a clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and a faculty member at the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies. He is the author of Wild…
Full Bio & Programs
Do you have trouble getting out of your own way? Do you have a fear of missing out? Do you want more freedom from self-imposed rules, expectations, and limitations? Mindfulness has the power to release you from regret, perfectionism, and other forces that give rise to pervasive dissatisfaction and anguish.
This workshop combines training in mindfulness meditation and Buddhist psychology with a creative narrative process called Story Art to free you from self-inflicted obstacles. In this program, you
- Learn basic mindfulness skills through formal and informal practices
- Uncover hidden rules, expectations, and stories that keep you stuck, frustrated, and unhappy
- Transcend the harsh internal critic and its proxies: restlessness, impatience, boredom, and distractibility
- Practice Story Art to deal with unsettled issues that are holding you back
- Gain a working, direct knowledge of the Buddha’s psychology.
This life-changing week engages you through mindful self-exploration, humor, poetry, heartfelt discussion, and a creative method for disarming painful and limiting stories.
Recommended Reading Arnie Kozak, Wild Chickens and Petty Tyrants: 108 Metaphors for Mindfulness (Wisdom) and Mindfulness A–Z: 108 Insights for Awakening Now (Wisdom).
- 23.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More