LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Training for Depression and Anxiety: Level 1
Amy Weintraub, MFA, E-RYT 500, director of the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute and author of the best-selling Yoga for Depression and the groundbreaking Yoga Skills for Therapists, has been a pioneer in the field of…
Full Bio & Programs
show presenter details hide presenter details
For yoga teachers and health professionals.
This training interweaves ancient yogic wisdom with current findings in neurobiology. Learn an evidence-based yoga protocol to help your students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to feeling states. These strategies, appropriate for a clinical setting, can safely release chronic physical tension and repressed emotion.
Through yoga practice, discussion, and practice-teaching sessions, you
- Design one-on-one yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression
- Add somatic strategies to your clinical practice and yoga classes that increase your clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Experience techniques you can teach your clients and students to do at home.
In the process of learning, you will also be practicing tools for self-care. Dr. Richard P. Brown and his wife, Dr. Patricia Gerbarg, join Amy for one day as they teach their Breath~Body~Mind© advanced breath techniques and meditation to improve energy, sleep quality, stress resilience, and peace of mind.
Required reading Amy Weintraub, Yoga for Depression (Broadway Books).
Recommended reading Amy Weintraub, Yoga Skills for Therapists (Norton); Richard Brown, Patricia Gerbarg, and Philip R. Muskin, How to Use Herbs, Nutrients, and Yoga in Mental Health Care (Norton).
Recommended practice LifeForce Yoga® CD series, including Breathe to Beat the Blues (CD) and LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues Level 1 and Level 2 (DVDs).
Note Tuition includes a manual. This program is qualified for 58 CEUs in the state of Florida for addiction and mental health professionals. Check your state board for reciprocity. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. This program has extended hours and is part of a certification course.
- 58.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 52.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 29 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 8 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- 59 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 59 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 93:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $821 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $1,252 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More