Let Your Yoga Dance®: Teacher Training for Special Populations
Megha Nancy Buttenheim, MA, E-RYT, is president and founder of Let Your Yoga Dance® LLC. She is a master teacher-trainer at Kripalu and a faculty member at Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica. She leads…
Full Bio & Programs
For teachers and practitioners of many backgrounds: yoga, dance, physical therapists, and bodyworkers.
Thousands of people yearn to move their bodies, dance, and do yoga-the elderly, people with Parkinson’s, MS, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, breast cancer survivors overcoming surgery, and others with special needs who may feel marginalized and unable to move as freely as they would like. Let Your Yoga Dance is a fabulous workout, a delightful experience tempered for each student’s needs, providing therapeutic benefits on all levels: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
In this training, learn how to
- Work with special populations
- Create moving yoga, breath, and dance sequences in and around chairs
- Provide a rich, complete, and powerful Yoga Dance class for those who need to remain seated
- Empower your students with spontaneity and creativity
- Focus on the individual needs of each participant
- Practice teach in a safe, caring environment.
Join Megha and learn how to bring Yoga Dance to people with special needs.
Prerequisite Part 1 of Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training.
I would highly recommend this training, even if you have no current intentions of working with “special” populations. The training introduced me to a whole new aspect of dance, and awakened my creativity. I think Let Your Yoga Dance for Special Populations is on the leading edge of something remarkable.
—Fern W., Toronto, Canada
- 37.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 36.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 37.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Read, Watch, Listen
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More