Insight Meditation for Mindful Living
Larry Rosenberg is the founder of and guiding teacher at the Cambridge
Insight Meditation Center in Massachusetts. Previously a professor of social psychology for 10 years, he practiced Zen in Korea and Japan. He is…
Full Bio & Programs
Matthew Daniell has been practicing Buddhist meditation and yoga for more than 20 years. He studied Zen in Japan and Insight Meditation in India, Burma, and Thailand, where he was an ordained monk. His teachers…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels; no previous meditation experience required.
Insight Meditation is a simple practice that steadies the mind by grounding attention in the present moment. As you grow in mindful awareness, you see your life experience in a way that frees the heart to meet daily challenges with more openness, clarity, and inner strength.
In this workshop, you learn to
- Practice body- and breath-based mindfulness techniques (both sitting and walking) in a modified retreat form where silence is valued
- Bring your practice off the cushion and into all of your daily activities at Kripalu, including yoga, eating, talking, and enjoying nature
- Establish the foundation to bring more mindful awareness into your home and work life
- Move from reactivity to responsiveness, and from tension to ease
- Value the simple joy and wisdom of living life fully, mindfully, in the here and now.
- 23.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $560 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $855 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More