Rick Hanson, PhD, is a neuropsychologist and author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, and Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time.…
Full Bio & Programs
Combining the power of the latest brain science with the wisdom of contemplative practice, this workshop presents practical methods for centering your brain in its natural state of gladness, love, and peace. In particular, Rick Hanson teaches brain-savvy ways to reduce anxiety and irritability, feel stronger and safer, and clear old pain.
Integrating fascinating information, group discussions, and optional experiential practices, this program explores
- How your mind alone can change your brain for the better
- Why we evolved “paper tiger paranoia” to survive
- How to use the power of positive experiences to clear old pain
- The Buddhist practices of equanimity
- How to “take the fruit as the path” by building up the neural circuits of true happiness.
No previous experience with meditation or neuroscience is needed; this workshop has added value for therapists and others in the helping professions.
Recommended reading Rick Hanson, Hardwiring Happiness: The Science of Growing a Great Brain from Good Experiences (Crown); Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom (New Harbinger); and Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time (New Harbinger).
- 8.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 8.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 8.25 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
Call To Register
- room & meals pricing
Online registration is not available for this program. Please call 866-200-5203 to register.
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More