Clear Eye, Light Touch: Yoga and the Alexander Technique for Teachers
Joan Arnold, MAmSAT, RYT, a certified instructor of both the Alexander Technique and yoga, teaches workshops around New York City, where she maintains a private practice. Her weekly Anusara® Yoga classes at the Hudson Valley’s…
Full Bio & Programs
For yoga teachers and serious practitioners.
Alexander Technique principles can sharpen your perceptions and clarify your response to students’ physical challenges. A method for solving back problems, relieving pain, and enhancing performance, the Alexander Technique offers a way to guide your students toward a more comfortable, joyful practice.
Experience for yourself the Alexander Technique’s principles of efficient movement. Through observation and exploration, you learn to
- Analyze the common movement habits that limit range or cause injury
- Help your students unravel limiting constrictions
- Free the crucial juncture between the head and the spine
- “Listen” with your hands
- Observe and experience the profound changes elicited by a gentle touch
- Explore ways to use words and touch that propel your students’ progress
- Promote the body’s resiliency and buoyancy for yourself and your students.
Join Joan Arnold to deepen your practice and become a more effective teacher.
Recommended reading Missy Vineyard, How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live (Marlowe).
Note Wear yoga clothes and bring writing materials and notes on your greatest teaching challenges.
- 13.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 13.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $20 additional charge
- 13.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 46.50:
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $339 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $516 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More