Yoga Sequences, Breathing Techniques, and Meditation to Unlock Your Spine
Terry Schaff, E-RYT, works as a yoga therapist with Loren Fishman, developing therapeutic yoga protocols for people recovering from injuries and living with physical challenges. Terry is known for her good humor and her patient,…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Focus on learning the yoga sequences used at Manhattan Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to treat specific spinal conditions. Work directly with yoga therapist Terry Schaff on yoga poses, breathing techniques, and meditation exercises designed to achieve the following outcomes:
- Relieve pain from spinal stenosis.
- Reduce pressure from herniated disks.
- Self-monitor alignment to combat degenerative disk disease.
- Increase the range of motion of vertebral joints affected by osteoarthritis.
- Build bone density to prevent osteoporosis.
- Stabilize the sacroiliac joint.
- Strengthen muscles to correct scoliosis.
- Lengthen the spine to reduce kyphosis and lordosis.
Whether you take this program as a continuation of Yoga for a Healthy Spine with Loren Fishman and Terry Schaff, or you come for these three days with Terry alone, this immersion offers a variety of ways to work with spinal conditions and keep your spine in optimal health.
- 15 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 15 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 15 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
Take this program together with the one below and save $ 49.50:
Jan 24–26Yoga for a Healthy Spine
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $339 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $516 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More