Yoga for Empaths: Creating Effective Boundaries and Building Physical and Emotional Immunity
Bo Forbes, PsyD, E-RYT 500, is a clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, and integrative yoga therapist whose background includes training in biopsychology, behavioral medicine, sleep disorders, and stress management. Founder of Integrative Yoga Therapeutics, Bo conducts…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Empaths—extremely empathic people—make wonderful teachers, healers, therapists, and partners. Being an empath, however, can be hazardous to your health: Empaths absorb others’ emotions, get sick more easily, and are more vulnerable to emotional contagion than people who are not empaths.
Discover how you can maximize the benefits and neutralize the risks of being an empath by learning
- The five major signs that you or someone you know is an empath
- The six components of embodied awareness
- How to detect and shield yourself from emotional contagion
- Three powerful ways to develop physical and emotional immunity
- Ways to establish and bolster healthy boundaries
- How to bring interdependence-rather than codependence-into your primary relationships.
Drawing from her experience in clinical psychology, neurobiology, and yoga therapy, Bo Forbes teaches a variety of techniques, including breathwork, mindful asana, postural alignment, and restorative poses to balance the nervous system, solidify your boundaries, nourish emotional well-being, and develop personal empowerment.
Note This workshop includes an early-evening clinic on Saturday.
- 11 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $30 additional charge
- 11 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More