Yoga of Voice: Awaken Your Authentic Expression
Jurian Hughes, E-RYT 500, MFA, is a Kripalu Yoga teacher trainer, a Let Your Yoga Dance® trainer, and a Kripalu faculty member. She leads workshops and trainings at Kripalu and throughout the country that draw…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.”
—June Jordan, poet and activist
One of our innate desires and developmental tasks as human beings is to discover our authentic voice and to share it generously with the world. We all long to state our truth freely, to stand fully embodied, and to speak with authenticity. What prevents you from fulfilling your destiny?
Join Jurian Hughes, a leading Kripalu teacher and longtime professional theater actor and coach, for a compassionate, freeing, and fun exploration of yoga and voice. In this workshop, designed for yoga teachers, educators, speakers, performers, and anyone who longs to be more freely and fully expressed, we
- Learn breathing techniques to increase physical and emotional power, energy, command, strength, and capacity
- Tap into our own creativity through the playful coupling of yoga and voice
- Explore yoga postures and movement that cultivate freedom and ease
- Chant, sound, and sing our way to bliss.
Meredith Monk, composer, singer, and director, once commented that exploring the voice “is like being an archeologist—digging into our own voice, we discover feelings and energies for which we don’t even have words.” Come uncover your own authentic voice.
- 13.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge
- 13 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 13 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $339 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $516 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More