Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Path for Health, Healing, and Personal Transformation
Timothy McCall, MD, is a board-certified specialist in internal medicine and a dedicated yoga practitioner who has traveled extensively in India and the West, studying with, observing, and interviewing many of the world’s leading yoga…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels, including yoga teachers, health professionals, and people seeking yoga therapy for health conditions.
Interested in learning how to use yoga to help treat and prevent a wide range of physical and emotional conditions? In this hands-on immersion, you have the opportunity to practice evaluating students and planning personalized therapeutic yoga routines in small groups, under the supervision of medical doctor Timothy McCall and his assistants.
Topics in this workshop include
- Techniques to systematically evaluate students (and yourself) structurally, energetically, psychologically, and spiritually
- How to select and apply yogic tools such as postures, breathing techniques, meditation, restoratives, and yoga nidra (guided visualization and relaxation)
- Anatomical principles that deepen yoga practice and make it safer
- The vital links between the breath, nervous system, and mind
- Adjusting yoga practice in response to health challenges
- Ayurvedic insights that deepen yoga’s therapeutic potential.
Explore the ancient yogic formula for healing and transformation that’s being validated by contemporary science.
- 30 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 21.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 30 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More