At Play with The Radiance Sutras: A Meditation Retreat and Teacher Training
Lorin Roche, PhD, has been teaching meditation since 1968 and has a doctorate from the University of California for his work on the subjective experience of meditation. Together, he and Camille Maurine are the authors…
Full Bio & Programs
Coby Kozlowski, MA, E-RYT, is a Kripalu faculty member and director of Kripalu’s 200- and 500-hour yoga teacher training programs. Her vibrant style as a life coach trainer; yoga, dance, and meditation educator; inspirational speaker;…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels; optional meditation teacher training for yoga teachers.*
Meditation is one of life’s great pleasures, a vacation in the vibrant present. There are hundreds of techniques, and, when you find the style that fits your inner nature, meditation feels like the most natural thing in the world. In this retreat, explore the luminous and juicy teachings of The Radiance Sutras, Lorin Roche’s new translation of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, an ancient yoga text that describes 112 meditation practices for touching the sacred in the midst of daily life. The teachings are playful, instinctive, both down-to-earth and transcendent.
In this retreat, you learn
- A wide variety of meditation practices so you can pick the one you need each day
- Ways that meditation can be more restful than sleep
- Skills for handling the emotions and sensations that arise in meditation
- Techniques to blend meditation and movement.
Come meet yourself where you are in a retreat that emphasizes naturalness, spontaneity, and being at home in the universe.
Note *For those interested in the Yoga Alliance accredited meditation teacher training, there will be extended hours. This counts as 40 hours of teacher training (contact and non-contact hours). For further information, visit www.lorinroche.com. The training includes
- Specific techniques to guide students into meditation
- Skills for honoring individuality and modifying meditation practices to suit individual preferences
- Effective language for guiding students into healthy practice
- 112 ways to refresh your approach to meditation.
- 23.5 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More