Patanjali's Eight Limbs of Yoga: Ancient Secrets to Quiet the Mind
Mark Griffin is the founder of the Hard Light Center of Awakening and the author of six books, including one of only three English translations of the Guru Gita. Featured on GuruRadio, Mark established the…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Discover the secrets that yogis have used across millennia to still the mind. Meditation master Mark Griffin guides you into a straightforward and easily attainable meditation process. His approach is born of a lifetime of study and his profound experiences of Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Mark provides tangible techniques that result in deep meditation and lead to the path of enlightenment.
This weekend explores the eight limbs of yoga as they pertain to meditation:
- Yama/restraint: actions best avoided
- Niyama/observance: positive actions to cultivate
- Asana/posture: releasing tension from the body
- Pranayama/breath regulation: harmonizing body, mind, and breath
- Pratyahara/introversion: withdrawing attention from external distractions
- Dharana/concentration: focusing the mind on a single point
- Dhyana/meditation: accessing a state of flow
- Samadhi/oneness: effortless, integrated being.
This workshop includes explanations, demonstrations, practice, and a rare and special initiation: the blessing of shaktipat—the doorway to enlightenment. Return home able to generate a powerful experience of meditation on your own, with your initiation hastening you on your journey.
Note There will not be active asana practice during this program; asana will be discussed and possibly demonstrated.
- 8 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 8 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More