Digestive Health: A Holistic Approach
Kathie Madonna Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, author, educator, and integrative clinical nutritionist, believes in a “whole foods, whole person, whole life” approach to health and healing. www.kathieswift.com
A delicious selection of recipes from…
Full Bio & Programs
Each of Kripalu’s Healthy Living Programs is taught by an outstanding team of skilled health and wellness professionals who draw on many years of experience working with people to turn their health around through integrated…
Full Bio & Programs
Restore your digestive health naturally.
Do you suffer from chronic gastrointestinal symptoms? Do find yourself taking expensive medications or over-the-counter drugs just so you can eat without discomfort? If so, you may be among the one in five Americans who are challenged by gastrointestinal concerns.
This innovative Kripalu program helps you address your gastrointestinal (GI) challenges and restore your health. Learn the connection between GI health, immune imbalance, inflammation, and common symptoms—pain, depression, fatigue, and rashes—that often have their origins in the gut.
- Ways to repair the gut with important nutrients and specific supplementation strategies
- How to remove GI toxins from your diet
- How to decrease inflammation and improve immune function
- How to replace digestive enzymes
- The value of reinnoculation with pre- and probiotics to create a balanced GI “ecosystem”
- Strategies for managing celiac and gluten-related food sensitivities
- Mind-body techniques, meditation, yoga, and guided imagery.
This program is ideal for people who struggle with chronic gastrointestinal symptoms or those diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome); IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), e.g., Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis; GERD or “reflux” disease; Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity; and many others.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutritional Consultation
- Add on a Life Coaching session to help you develop a realistic plan for when you return home
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888-738-1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 22.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 9.5 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge
Dates for this Program
|September 21–26, 2014||Kathie Madonna Swift, Healthy Living Faculty|
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More