Dancing with the Spirits: Celebrate the Solstice!
Catherine Calderon has been on the path of yoga and dance for more than 30 years. A filmmaker, certified yoga teacher, professional salsa dancer, and initiated priestess in the Afro-Cuban Yoruba tradition, she performed with…
Full Bio & Programs
show presenter details hide presenter details
Open to your own internal rhythms and respond to the call of music and beat. There is no easier way to free your spirit and connect with joy than to hit the dance floor. This expansive celebration of drumming and dancing, joined with the reflective, relaxing, and cleansing aspects of yoga, offers a powerful opportunity for freedom.
What better way to honor the darkness of winter than to celebrate the return of the light and the spirit of nature in all her magical, mysterious forms? Dance with the spirits as you learn
- The basics of rumba, salsa, merengue, and soca
- The fascinating history of these dances
- Chants to invoke the powers embedded in their spiritual roots
- How to use yoga poses, breath, and deep relaxation to open the body
- Powerful ceremonies to connect with the ancestors and nature spirits, with drum accompaniment
- The complex interrelationship between African spirit traditions, European music and dance, and tantra yoga.
This weekend culminates in a blowout dance party on Saturday night, so bring your party clothes!
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More