Abandonment to Healing: Overcome Your Patterns of Self-Sabotage
Susan Anderson has devoted 30 years of clinical experience and groundbreaking research to helping people resolve their underlying abandonment wounds and overcome self-sabotage. Founder of the Abandonment Recovery and Outer Child movements, she is author…
Full Bio & Programs
Abandonment is a primal fear and the underlying cause of emotional distress and self-sabotage. Susan Anderson, psychotherapist and author of Taming Your Outer Child and The Journey from Abandonment to Healing, shares powerful mind-body exercises that act like physical therapy for the brain. This workshop teaches you how to
- Heal primal abandonment
- Overcome patterns of abandoholism (being attracted to the unavailable)
- Reverse self-abandonment, the primary source of self-defeating patterns
- Stop letting insecurity and neediness disrupt your relationships
- Accept being loved
- Overcome procrastination, avoidance, inertia, and other Outer Child patterns
- Build your career, self-esteem, confidence, and social life
- Trim excess emotional weight, clutter, debt, and anxiety
- Bounce back from depression and low energy.
Susan excels at creating safe, open, working, and life-changing processes within groups. Professionals get training in abandonment recovery techniques by participating in this workshop.
Recommended reading Susan Anderson, Taming Your Outer Child (Ballantine Books) and The Journey from Abandonment to Healing (Berkley Trade).
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More