Introduction to Yoga and Ayurveda: Secrets of Ayurveda
Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, has 12 years of experience in teaching Ayurvedic daily living tools and Ayurvedic therapy techniques. She received her training at the New England Institute of Ayurvedic…
Full Bio & Programs
Larissa Hall Carlson, RYT 500, is a Kripalu Yoga teacher, Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher, Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant, and Yee Yoga teacher. A program leader and Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher for Kripalu’s Institute for Extraordinary Living, Larissa has…
Full Bio & Programs
For all levels.
Ayurveda is India’s traditional science of self-care and a treasure trove of practical and effective methods for enhancing health and well-being. Join Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, and Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant Larissa Hall Carlson to learn how to make Ayurveda and yoga a part of your health routine.
This weekend, you learn
- The foundational concepts and precepts of Ayurveda, including the five elements and three doshas
- Your personal constitutional blueprint, or doshic type
- The primary Ayurvedic healthy-living tools, including diet and lifestyle, needed to keep body, mind, and spirit in balance
- Yoga, breathing, and meditation practices designed for your constitution and for the season.
This workshop also reviews seasonal cleansing protocols that anyone can do on their own. Return home with proven techniques to bring greater balance and well-being into your life.
Recommended reading and listening Vasant Lad, Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing (Lotus Press); Thomas Yarema, Daniel Rhoda, and Johnny Brannigan, Eat Taste Heal (Five Elements Press); Hilary Garivaltis, Dinacharya: Ayurvedic Daily Routines (CD); Larissa Hall Carlson, Ayurvedic Pranayama and Meditation for the Doshas (CD).
- 11.25 credits for Yoga Alliance (YA), $20 additional charge
- 11.25 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 11.25 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $256 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $392 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More