Bone Camp: Advanced Concepts for Skeletal Health
Sara Meeks (Dipa), PT, MS, GCS, KYT, a physical therapist with more than 50 years of clinical experience and a Kripalu Yoga teacher since 1984, has spent the past 30 years focusing on skeletal health.…
Full Bio & Programs
Movement from and for the bones can profoundly change your practice and teaching. This workshop is designed for professionals who want to introduce their students and clients to greater depth and consciousness of movement. The focus on hip openers, core strength, and safe spinal rotation is designed to challenge and “surprise” your bones in therapeutic ways. This Meeks Method training includes
- Principles of movement “from the inside out” for all populations
- Doing and teaching movement along a continuum from least to most spinal compression
- Awareness of gravity’s effect on movement
- Meeks Yoga Prep™
- Movement “From and For the Bones” in classical and adapted yoga postures
- Yoga Safety Code
- The Mermaid Series™
- Safe and contraindicated movement for osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis facts and myths and why the intervention for osteopenia and osteoporosis is the same.
Recommended reading/viewing Sara Meeks, Walk Tall! 2nd Edition (Triad) and Sara’s DVD, available at www.sarameekspt.com.
Note Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Tuition includes a manual, handouts, and an EZ Posture Pillow®.
- 14 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 26.5 credits for Massage and Body Workers (NCBTMB), $30 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
Rates below reflect total housing costs for all program nights.
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More