The Dance of Attachment in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: An Advanced EMDR Approach
Deany Laliotis, LICSW, specializes in treatment of complex trauma, traumatic-stress disorders, and attachment issues. She is a senior trainer for the EMDR Institute and an EMDRIA-approved trainer and consultant. She presents worldwide on advanced clinical…
Full Bio & Programs
Deany is a skilled master therapist and teacher with impressive depth and breadth. She is creative, contagious, and an enthusiastic therapeutic powerhouse.
—Advanced training participant
For mental health clinicians who have completed the basic course in EMDR.
This workshop is for EMDR-trained clinicians who work with clients that struggle with developmental trauma and have significant attachment issues. Focusing on therapeutic dyads as the vehicle that takes this powerful and effective psychotherapy approach to a deeper level, learn to utilize the moment-to-moment experience of both clinician and client to facilitate developmental repair as well as reprocessing of difficult experiences.
In this workshop, you learn how to
- Identify the four attachment styles and specific patterns of response that correspond to each style
- Apply strategies to modulate and track the client’s experience in a moment-to-moment way, facilitating their ability to process implicit as well as explicit memory states
- Facilitate developmental repair and integration of experience in reprocessing sessions using attachment-related, advanced cognitive interweave strategies
- Utilize your own subjective experience during sessions by learning to identify the client’s process versus your own.
This training includes demonstrations, lecture and discussion, videotapes of clinical sessions, breakout sessions, and dyad work for hands-on experience of how these concepts and practices are applied.
Prerequisite documentation Please submit the following documents to email@example.com for program participation eligibility approval:
- A signed and dated copy of the Participant’s Agreement Form (included in your program confirmation, or found here.)
- A current copy of your CV or resume
- A copy of your current professional license
You will receive confirmation of participation approval via e-mail within three days of submitting your information.
Note This program is approved for 24 credits through the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 23.5 credits for Social Workers (SW), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Psychologists (PSY), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 23.5 credits for Certified Counselors (NBCC), $20 additional charge
- room & meals pricing
9:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
View a sample schedule, find arrival information, and more.
Choice of Accommodations
The dorms allow for 5–22 people per room, and offer simple bunk beds and nearby hall bathrooms.
- Standard Rooms
- $565 and up
These spare and peaceful rooms measure 8' x 12' and include a double or queen-size bed or platform twin beds.
- Standard Plus Rooms
- $860 and up
These quiet rooms are perfect for those who want a real retreat, and include simple décor, a double or queen-size bed, or twin beds.Learn More